The Flagship Turn-Based Strategy Game Returns
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- INVITING PRESENTATION: Jump right in and play at your own pace with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Veterans will appreciate the depth, detail and control that are highlights of the series.
- BELIEVABLE WORLD: Ultra realistic graphics showcase lush landscapes for you to explore, battle over and claim as your own.
- COMMUNITY & MULTIPLAYER: Compete with players all over the world or locally in LAN matches, mod* the game in unprecedented ways, and install mods directly from an in-game community hub without ever leaving the game.
- WIDE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Civilization V operates on many different systems, from high end desktops to many laptops.
- ALL NEW FEATURES: A new hex-based gameplay grid opens up exciting new combat and build strategies. City States become a new resource in your diplomatic battleground. An improved diplomacy system allows you to negotiate with fully interactive leaders.
*Modding SDK available as a free download.
Note: The Mac and Linux + SteamOS versions of Sid Meier’s Civilization V are available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish only.
- OS: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics:256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
- DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8 GB Free
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
- Note: Optimized for the touch-screen Ultrabook™ device
- OS: 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.1 (El Capitan)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core) CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8600
Video Card (Intel): HD 4000
Video Memory (VRam): 256MB
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Please note, it is possible for Mac and PC to become out of sync during updates. Within this short time period, Mac users will only be able to play other Mac users.
- NOTICE:This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
- NOTICE: The following video chipsets are not supported for Civilization V:
ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2400
Nvidia GeForce 7000 series, 8600, 9400
Intel GMA (950/X3100), HD 3000
NOTICE:The Mac version is only available in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
CPU Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
CPU Speed: 2.4GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 6450
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 640M
Video Card (Intel): Iris Pro
Video Memory (VRam): 1GB
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Don't meet the above requirements? Running on Ubuntu? That doesn't mean your configuration wont run Civ V, it just means we have not tested and vetted your configuration. Visit the Civilization V community page to share your experience with other Linux players and learn about how to send bugs to Aspyr. Your feedback will help us improve Civ V Linux and future AAA Linux releases!
NOTICE: Intel Integrated video chipsets (GMA 9XX, HD 3XXX) will not run Civilization V for SteamOS and Linux, and are unsupported.
NOTICE:The Linux version is only available in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
System requirements refers to the hardware and software components of a computer system that are required to install and use software efficiently.
The software manufacturer will list the system requirements on the software package. If your computer system does not meet the system requirements then the software may not work correctly after installation. System requirements for operating systems will be hardware components, while other application software will list both hardware and operating system requirements.
System requirements are most commonly seen listed as minimum and recommended requirements. The minimum system requirements need to be met for the software to run at all on your system, and the recommended system requirements, if met, will offer better software usability.
There are many reasons why games are slow:
- Old computer and new games. This is the most common cause of poor performance in games. Try lowering the game settings (lower resolution, turn off shadows and other effects);
- Partial lack of resources. Turn off other resource-intensive programs that can load the processor, hard disk and RAM (Torrents and etc.);
- Old drivers. Use the latest drivers for your computer (graphics card, chipset and etc.);
Many digital products have certain regional (geographic) restrictions. This means that the keys of such products can only be activated in the region for which they are issued.
There are several separate regions, for example:
- ASIA - Asian countries;
- EMEA - a vast region including Russia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
- EU - European countries;
- PL - Poland;
- RU - Russia;
- US - USA.
Most products in the SteamBundle.com have a "WORLDWIDE" or "GLOBAL" region. Such products have no restrictions and can be activated anywhere in the world.
We recommend that you check the region before making a purchase.