S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
In 1986, the world’s worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl power station. Soviet authorities established a 30km ‘Exclusion Zone’ around this nuclear wasteland, but in 2006 a second explosion rocked the stricken reactor, obliterating all living things and causing the Zone’s boundaries to ripple outwards. From this epicenter came waves of mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy. The Zone was cordoned off by the military, who would shoot on sight anyone foolish enough to brave the horrors within.
It is now 2012 – man has ventured further and further into the heart of the Zone driven by reports of strange ‘artifacts’ imbued with anomalous energy. Mercenaries and bounty hunters compete to recover these artifacts, which command extortionate prices on the black market. Others seek to find the truth behind the Zone, while some merely revel in the desolate lawlessness of the place. Whatever their motivation, over time these individuals – Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killer, Explorers and Robbers – have become known as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s.
Awakening in the Zone, you are one such S.T.A.L.K.E.R., fighting for survival in this man-made Hell, while trying to discover the truth behind Chernobyl’s sinister past and ominous future.
- An immersive storyline seamlessly blended with a living, breathing, non-linear open-world environment governed by the revolutionary ‘A-Life’ system.
- Accurately modeled real-world buildings and locations from deep inside the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Unique ‘Survival FPS’ game play – combines action, stealth, survival and RPG elements to create an incomparable experience in the Zone.
- Enemy Threat Evaluation AI system – NPC characters react dynamically to environments and situations.
- Brutally realistic combat mechanics – weapons display accurate ballistic properties and can be modified with silencers and telescopic scopes.
- Dynamic day/night and weather system directly impacts game play.
- Advanced physics and dynamic lighting effects powered by the proprietary ‘X-Ray Engine’.
- Intense multiplayer action, supporting up to 32 players.
Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400/AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 1 GB RAM or better, 256 MB DirectX® 9c compatible card/ nVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900/ ATI Radeon® X1850
System requirements refers to the hardware and software components of a computer system that are required to install and use software efficiently.
The software manufacturer will list the system requirements on the software package. If your computer system does not meet the system requirements then the software may not work correctly after installation. System requirements for operating systems will be hardware components, while other application software will list both hardware and operating system requirements.
System requirements are most commonly seen listed as minimum and recommended requirements. The minimum system requirements need to be met for the software to run at all on your system, and the recommended system requirements, if met, will offer better software usability.
There are many reasons why games are slow:
- Old computer and new games. This is the most common cause of poor performance in games. Try lowering the game settings (lower resolution, turn off shadows and other effects);
- Partial lack of resources. Turn off other resource-intensive programs that can load the processor, hard disk and RAM (Torrents and etc.);
- Old drivers. Use the latest drivers for your computer (graphics card, chipset and etc.);
Many digital products have certain regional (geographic) restrictions. This means that the keys of such products can only be activated in the region for which they are issued.
There are several separate regions, for example:
- ASIA - Asian countries;
- EMEA - a vast region including Russia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
- EU - European countries;
- PL - Poland;
- RU - Russia;
- US - USA.
Most products in the SteamBundle.com have a "WORLDWIDE" or "GLOBAL" region. Such products have no restrictions and can be activated anywhere in the world.
We recommend that you check the region before making a purchase.